During mid of July 2010, India took a great leap forward in a way to provide better technology at low cost. As it was a dream to own a laptop some years ago, has changed. India in performing exceptionally well in making every Indian to use Laptop, like we use mobiles today.
Indian Education Minister Mr. Kapil Sibbal unveiled a Laptop worth Rupees 1500. It has all the basic features that should be there in a laptop to be used for education and profession.
It has the following features:
- It has single unit system which has a touch screen.
- It has a keyboard which is in-built.
- It consists of 2 GB RAM memory.
- It comprises of wifi connectivity and USB port.
- It is operated by a 2 watt system so that it can even perform in areas where power supply is low.
- The laptop uses Linux system.
- Touch Screen 7 and 9 inches.
- Can also run on solar power.
I think its enough in the amount of just Rs. 1500 or $ 30. Initially, when the low priced laptop were being planned to introduce, the officials ruled out that its price would be around Rs.500. But, now it would be almost three times the price that was estimated earlier.
The HRD ministry,hopes to bring down the price to $10 after the device is mass produced.
This project was a result of discussions on this project with a group of experts at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Bombay by the human resource development ministry.
Some additional Features:
- Video web conferencing facility,
- Multimedia content viewer for example pdf, jpeg, zip, etc,
- Computing capabilities such as Open Office, SciLab and
Aur Kya Bache Ki Jaan Loge :)....
P.S.: All the best for the development team. Read... and Share If Like It.....